Monday, December 28, 2009

Avatar Stays #1

I could cry foul and say 7000 screens versus 4000 screens, no wonder they stayed #1. However, during the holiday season anything goes. I did read that 75% of all Avatar's box office came from 3-D and IMAX theaters. Sherlock Holmes ran second at $65 million with a smaller nut to crack. Speaking of NUTS, Alvin and those pesky Chipmunks came in third at $60 million. Disney's "Princess and the Frog," despite good reviews and an excellent family viewing, dropped down to seventh place not even cracking the ten million dollar mark. What gives? Could it possibly be because the princess is black? I sincerely hope not! It's probably the best well rounded Disney animated film since "Beauty and the Beast."

I heard somewhere that people are getting paid to plug certain products on their blogs. I have yet to be approached but if I start ranting how good something is nowadays you've got to figure the check is in the mail. I also heard that people are selling the names of their followers to spam sites. Fear not, I don't need money bad enough to sell out people that want to hear what I have to say but be careful out there.

We begin accepting "Early Bird" entries, January 15, 2010. Prize money stays the same for features ($500), shorts ($250) and Documentaries ($250). The best Florida project receives a plaque and a one hundred dollar check.

Hove a safe New Years!

....and cut!

No comments:

Post a Comment