Friday, June 12, 2009

What's a Best Friend?

I got called on the carpet by my wife yesterday for referring to a person as her "Best Friend." It appears that although the Male Species has one best friend, the Female Species has more than one. I've never been one to toss around the "F-word" and consider friends as people you don't mind sharing time with outside of the work element and the rest as either co-workers, neighbors, or acquaintances. My "Best Friend" is someone I can rely on or talk to without question or embarrassment.

I've been told that my wife has at least two "Best Friends" who serve different purposes in her everyday life. One as a professional advisor and one who communicates daily and guides and advises from the heart. She's lucky in having two people to count on and listen to her frustrations and share her victories. I stand corrected and apologize for any misunderstanding as to who is my wife's best friend. Especially, when she follows my blog. Luv ya, Gus!

...and cut

1 comment:

  1. Ok now I feel bad. I adore you and your wife. Just having a bad month!

    BTW, I have been following blog but haven't been able to respond! At least it gave you something to blog about!

    ReplyDelete