Sunday, May 17, 2009

Blah, Blah, Blog.....

It's been a tough couple of weeks and I have neglected keeping my blog current. Between my dad's cat (Felice) of sixteen years passing on, the air conditioner breaking down on the hottest day of the year here in Florida and Mother's Day, my time has been sparse.

However, I did find time to see the new STAR TREK movie and enjoyed every minute of it. We are hitting stride at the Central Florida Film Festival too. We've received confirmations from actor/comedian Jason Stuart, Producer/writer Chase Chenowith and (producer/director/writer Reuben Leder as special guests. Jason, who has appeared on such shows as "Will and Grace," "George Lopez." and "Fat Actess," is bringing a copy of his new comedy COFFEE DATE, which also stars academy award nominee Sally Kirkland. The movie is hillarious and Jason will perform a Q & A immediately following the screening. Reuben (Leder) and Chase (Chenowith) will join local writer/director Art Delasandro on a panel discussion about writing for film. Reuben is best known for his work on MAGNUM PI and Chase is an award winning producer of such films as "Undertaking Betty," "Beautiful Dreamer" and "One of Our Own."

I am currently working with industry vendors. My plan is to have as many vendors represented at the festival for filmmakers to strike film deals creating more work for Floridians. I should have a partial list at the end of the month. Currently, the festival has selected twenty films from five countries. Last year we selected fifty films representing nine countries and seventeen states. This year with the West Orange 5 Theaters on board we expect more than seventy films.

Remember to support independent films and exhibitors. They need our help!

......And cut!

1 comment:

  1. I wondered where you had disappeared to. I am envious that you have found time to see ST. Want to see at the IMAX here, but it has been sold out. Do you think it would be better to see it there than at another theater.

    Wish I could make it to the Film Festival!

    ReplyDelete